One of the most extravagantly, unique and famous web browser to be used in the existing era is Google Chrome. However, Google Chrome faces may issues and errors while using it but one of the most common and basic error is ‘Err_Cache_Miss’. This error comes in innumerable amount while using the web browser which meeds to be resolved for enhancing the working of Google Chrome.
The “Err_Cache_Miss” error and ‘The webpage is not available’ error come side by side as they are perceived to be a part of one common error.
Reasons for Err_Cache_Miss
The hosts file in your window system can be the primary reason behind the error and also due to below reasons, this error can occur.
• The firewall blocks the connection.
• An unresponsive proxy on LAN settings
• A misconfiguration in DND settings.
Steps involved in removing Err_Cache_Miss Error:
1. First thing to do is opening Google Chrome web browser.
2. Now you go to temperate to customise and control icon which open up additional settings within Google Chrome. Left click on that.
3. Once you are on that, left click where it says ‘more tools’ in the menu. Click on that and on the left side it shows ‘clear browsing data’
4. Now, you don’t have to keep first 4 options to be checked by default. You can just mark the third and fourth option as they need to be cleared. These two have to be check marked. The other two are necessary so uncheck them.
5. Then change the ‘obliterate the following options’ to the ‘beginning of the time’. Then click on clear the browsing data.
Try and get back to the web page. If, the ‘Err_Cache_Miss’ error is returning again, there is one further thing you can try.
1. Click on the start button. Go to ‘command prompt’. Left click on that. It shows the icon to allow this tool to make changes in the device. Allow it.
2. Now, the elevated command window is opened. Type ‘ipconfig / release’ then press enter on the keyboard.
3. Now type ‘ ipconfig/all’ then head enter again.
4. And now, type in ‘ipconfig/flushdns’ and then head enter again. So you get the ‘successfully flushed the DNS resolver cache’.
5. Now, type ‘ipconfig/renew.
6. After that, type ‘netsh int ip set dns’. Then head over the keyboard again.
7. Now, type in ‘netsh winsock reset’. Then, enter the keyboard once again. So, them it says ‘ you must restart the computer in order to complete the reset’.
8. Restart the computer. Close out of the elevated command prompt.
Hopefully, the Err_Cache_Miss error is removed by following these steps and may not evolve again and creat issue in the web browser.